Subject: Re: INVALID_SOCKET symbol conflict

Re: INVALID_SOCKET symbol conflict

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 15:43:55 +0000

On 2 March 2012 15:13, Lawson <lawson08_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I notice that nearly all the defines in libssh2.h use the LIBSSH2_ prefix, except for INVALID_SOCKET.  It seems to be on purpose but I don't understand why.  Is it a Windows thing?

It is a Windows Winsock constant that represents the only value
returned by socket() that is guaranteed not to be a valid socket
handle. libssh2 defines it in the header for other platforms to help
with portable programming.

> My issue is that I'm writing an application (on Linux) which includes headers from multiple libraries, and some of them also set this symbol to a conflicting value.

I believe the difference is because on some platforms sockets are
signed ints and others they are unsigned ints. Can you give more
details about the conflict. Error messages etc.

Alex

--
Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)