Subject: Want to static compile libssh2 and libcrypto both?

Want to static compile libssh2 and libcrypto both?

From: J H <j.h224_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:45:30 -0700 (PDT)

In my project, I can statically link libssh2 or libcrypto, but not both?   When I try both, I get a bunch of undefined reference error from libssh2.a for openssl functions.   It seems like libcrypto is not statically linked in libssh2.a.   What is the right way to build libssh2.a where libcrypto is statically linked in?   If I build my project with libcrytpo as shared or dynamic lib, everything is golden. one of the many errors(sorry for any typos):    undefined reference 'EVP_get_digestbyname' in function 'hostkey_method_ssh_dss_dtor' file not found: /usr/local/lib/libssh2.a(hostkey.o)