Subject: Re: Compiling libssh2 under x64 with Visual Studio 2010

Re: Compiling libssh2 under x64 with Visual Studio 2010

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:52:51 +0100

On 18 September 2012 12:17, Nick Pateman <nick.pateman_at_certivox.com> wrote:
> Errr what?
>
> Now I speak with 13 years experience with software development so don't tell me I'm not on top of my build environment just because you read the beginning of a path name and made an assumption to its contents. The fact of the matter is I can't get libSSH2 to compile following the instructions that come with it, end of story.
>
> For your information I was trying to do an x64 build of linCURL, and following an article I was reading it said that I needed to use libSSH2. Now as I was building it as a proof of concept for someone else I put all related projects into a root project called libCurl_X64. That clearly makes sense.
>
> I suggest you try treating people with a little respect rather than attempting to insult them due to your own mistakes.
>
> Thankfully I don't need it now, which is good because I won't have to be dealing with people like you!

Well that was odd. Someone not have their Ready Brek this morning?

I can't speak for Peter but I looked at the words you wrote, not your
path name, to decide your build was screwed. You wrote:

> I added the curl include path to the configuration which eliminates the
> missing curl.h references.

Missing curl.h references? There are no curl.h references in libssh2.
 So what are we supposed to think?

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)