Subject: RouterOS Handshake problem

RouterOS Handshake problem

From: Antonio Modesto <modesto_at_isimples.com.br>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:36:03 -0300

Hello,

I work at an ISP and I'm writing a C program to create and
fetch backup files from routers running RouterOS, the problem is that
there is a compatibility problem between routeros's ssh implementation e
and libssh2 (The problem is with routeros, I think). Here is the error:

ssh_privatekey_connect() - Host: 189.90.192.117 - SSH handshake error

ssh_privatekey_connect() - Error code: -8, Error: Unable to exchange
encryption keys

While googling I found that changing the encryption to
diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 would work, but I didn't find the way to
force libssh2 to use this kind of encryption.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.