Subject: Re: RouterOS Handshake problem

Re: RouterOS Handshake problem

From: Antonio Modesto <modesto_at_isimples.com.br>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:01:10 -0300

On 2013-03-12 8:36 am, Antonio Modesto wrote:

> Hello,

work at an ISP and I'm writing a C program to create and fetch backup
files from routers running RouterOS, the problem is that there is a
compatibility problem between routeros's ssh implementation e and
libssh2 (The problem is with routeros, I think). Here is the error:

> ssh_privatekey_connect() - Host: 189.90.192.117 - SSH handshake error

> ssh_privatekey_connect() - Error code: -8, Error: Unable to
exchange encryption keys

> While googling I found that changing the
encryption to diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 would work, but I didn't find
the way to force libssh2 to use this kind of encryption.

> Any
suggestions?

> Thanks.

> [1]

Hi,

I called libssh2_session_method_pref to force libssh2 to use
diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 encryption keys. The problem now is with SCP,
when I call libssh2_scp_recv() I get two random error codes, which are
-28 and -43. I am attaching the tracing from the beginning of the
connection.

Links:
------
[1]