Subject: Re: Question about an eventloop.

Re: Question about an eventloop.

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:34:51 +0200

Stef Bon wrote:
> Ok. If I write it and propose a patch here, would there be some interest?

It depends on the patch.

> Adding support for an eventloop is providing a callback when data is
> available in the socket. This callback does almost the same as
> _libssh2_channel_read.

Have your patch make minimal changes to try start using the eventloop
within libssh2 itself.

And how do you want to differentiate between sync and async API
calls?

> > You can implement extensions for whatever you want, but you have to
> > support them on both client and server side.
>
> Where can I find documentation for this on the libssh2 website?

This question does not make sense. What do you mean? There is no
libssh2 documentation for how you write SSH protocol extensions.
Read the secsh RFCs, 4250 onwards.