Subject: Re: Release schedule

Re: Release schedule

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 09:36:34 +0000

George Nachman wrote:
> I was very glad to see ECDH key exchange committed! I would like to update
> my app to use it, but I'm not comfortable releasing code from master as it
> looks like development is quite active.

I've gotten back into work around the library lately and I noticed that
the new ECDH kex isn't as separated from unrelated code as it should
be, I would like that to be cleaned up before a release. (A significant
amount of code was needlessly copypasted into all crypto backends,
*replacing* previous abstraction which was still suitable.)

I sent some patches a while back which may or may not be pending still -
sorry, I'm doing other things for one more week but then I'll come back
to the library and try to look at those loose ends, if noone else does
it first.

Development may be active, but I don't know if there are major things
being worked on at the moment? If not, I think a release could be made
even though development is ongoing.